[rescue] FTGH: Sun CPU modules

Curious George jorge234q at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 19:44:13 CDT 2008

--- On Thu, 8/21/08, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:

> Curious George wrote:
> > *One* of the boxes -- I believe a case of Molson's Golden Ale (?)
> > sat in the middle of the floor in my workroom.
> >
> > (it contained 6 or 8 *large* transformers -- in essence, just
> > a solid block of iron and copper!)
>
> And you had'em in a cardboard box?  And it didn't
> come apart?

Think about how big a case of beer is.  Now, imagine *only*
fitting 6 (or 8) transformers in there.  These are *huge*.
I.e., just being able to lift the box means you've got
your hands supporting the xformers (if you tried to lift
the box from the top, you'd just rip the bottom out).

E.g. put 6 U60 power supplies in a box.  In order to
lift that box, you;ll find you are supporting damn near
all of the power supplies *directly* -- it won't rip.