[rescue] FTGH: Sun CPU modules

Curious George jorge234q at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 19:02:26 CDT 2008

--- On Thu, 8/21/08, Robert Darlington <rdarlington at gmail.com> wrote:

> My company ships lead and tungsten bricks in those things, although
> not enough that we'd have to worry about them falling apart when
> lifted.  USPS probably doesn't like companies like us that design
> x-ray and CT equipment!

ROTFLMFAO!  Now that really would be amusing!

In my first employer-paid move after leaving school, the
moving crew was a bunch of GORILLAs!  Jeez, these guys would
carry a refrigerator over one shoulder and a couch under the
other arm!!  Damn intimidating!

At the time, I had LOTS of electronic supplies (i.e., I filled
a 30+ foot moving van BY MYSELF).  All packed neatly in nice little
boxes.

*One* of the boxes -- I believe a case of Molson's Golden Ale (?)
sat in the middle of the floor in my workroom.

One by one, I watched each of these guys (gorillas?) reach down
with one hand to grab the box while carrying something else in
the other hand.  Each of them gave up on it -- "I'll get that
later".

When one of the guys *finally* had two hands free and went to
bend over to lift it, he stood up -- and his *hands* stayed
glued to the floor.  He was truly impressed with this
innocent looking little box!

(it contained 6 or 8 *large* transformers -- in essence, just
a solid block of iron and copper!)