[rescue] Phaser ink

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:44:06 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus at yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip>

> While I love my Phasers, I have a 5si that I use for a lot of large print jobs. The 5si is faster, and I have the duplexer and 2000 sheet tray. The 5si is great for schematics because it also has an 11x17" paper tray. The 5si is another wonderful machine. I upgraded it with the Postscript SIMM and more memory. It runs great. I have a little LaserJet 4M+ (no duplexer though) that have in the workshop for printing "stuff".
>
> Printers are fun.
>
> -Ian

I love the 5si.  It was the first "good" printer I ever bought when I
ran some computer labs at upenn.edu.  16k pages per cartridge on
average, and it cost me just over 1 penny per page to use (not
counting electricity).   I'm about to buy an HP LaserJet 5550dtn.  Any
experience with those?  I want to buy two of them to replace 9 other
printers scattered around our facility.

-Bob