[rescue] Phaser ink

Curious George jorge234q at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 16:31:59 CDT 2008

--- On Tue, 8/19/08, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:

> > Does anyone know what, if *any*, differences there are
> > between the ink sticks for the various (incompatible)
> > Phaser printers?  (the solid ink printers, that is)
>
> Pitch the printer and get a color laser printer.

I have three of them (Phasers) as well as a color laser.
The quality of the solid-ink phasers is just so much
nicer than any of the color lasers I have seen...

> Too costly to operate. I'm a firm believer that the US
> Gov't should be
> banned from operating those printers (Tektronix / Xerox
> phaser units that use the inkstick things).

I suspect the total cost of my printing operations
(in terms of electricity) amount to less than a few
dollars a year (assuming 10c/KWHr).  What I'll "save"
by moving to a laser is negligible.

There are no *other* savings (I rescued the printers and
rescue the ink sticks) to be had.