[rescue] Phaser ink

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 19 14:34:59 CDT 2008

>From: Curious George <jorge234q at yahoo.com>
>Date: 2008/08/19 Tue PM 03:05:58 EDT
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [rescue] Phaser ink

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know what, if *any*, differences there are
>between the ink sticks for the various (incompatible)
>Phaser printers?  (the solid ink printers, that is)
>
>I figure the prohibition on using sticks for model X
>in model Y must be one or more of:
>- they want to sell you more/expensive ink
>- the melting point, flow or drying properties of the
>  ink is different
>- the *colors* are slightl different which would result
>  in color distortion in the resulting images

IIRC, there were certain models of Xerox
Phasers that were sold with a certain amount
of "ink" included with the purchase of the
printer (this was a few years ago, again,
IIRC). It would be totally understandable
for Xerox to use different "shape" ink for
printers that used free ink vs. ink sold
"over the counter".

Lionel