[rescue] Slightly OT:  Bad Cap Saga

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Aug 19 02:08:33 CDT 2008

> [...] my reason for choosing this format is displayed on page four,
> where several lines of wide (78 character lines terminated with
> CR/LF) are displayed in a mangled fashion.

So it's better to get that sort of effect for _everyone_, instead of
just those on narrow screens and clients that don't grok format=flowed?

I don't get it.

> Inserting line breaks imposes a format on the message, I defer to
> your email client to present my emails to you in a way that suits
> your tastes.

My point was that format=flowed allows you to do that and still provide
readability in clients not supporting that capability (which generally
are not going to be "unusual", eg, very narrow screens).

But perhaps that's less important to you than...uh, whatever it is
that's outweighing it for you; it isn't clear to me what that is.

But, I suppose it doesn't need to be.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org