[rescue] Slightly OT: Bad Cap Saga

Curious George jorge234q at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 21:36:08 CDT 2008

-----------------------------^^^^^^^

> > no practical alternatives (in the Wintel world)
>
> No practical alternatives?  How are iMacs, IBMs, HPs, or
> BOXX machines not practical alternatives?

I see these machines having the same sorts of failures
(actually, I've never seen a BOXX machine so...).  As such,
s/Dell/HP/g and repeat the same (previous) discussion.
Then, s/HP/IBM/g, etc.

N.B. the *first* machine that I ever saw with bad
caps was from Big Blue...

There is a "price point" that IBM, Dell, HP, etc. have
*all* targeted.  And, all of their machines seem to suffer
the same sorts of quality problems.  No doubt because the
economics (and remedies there for) are the same for all of them!

(at least IBM replaced the faulty machine I found without
any questions)