[rescue] Slightly OT: Bad Cap Saga

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Mon Aug 18 19:27:24 CDT 2008

> So they will make a custom line for WalMart only, which is crappy
> even though the regular products are good.

...and that's their mistake.  Well, their first mistake.

> Then the sales of the good stuff go down because "I can buy almost
> the same thing at WalMart for half the price", and they are forced to
> put cheap Chinese crap in their entire line in order to stay afloat.

And that's their second; the right thing for them to have done would be
to have told walmart "sorry, we can't afford to build to your price
point any longer; go buy from someone else".

It constantly depresses me how many organizations are willing to trash
a good reputation for the sake of some very short-term profit.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org