[rescue] Rescued O2

Ewen Roberts eroberts at san.rr.com
Thu Aug 14 12:35:45 CDT 2008

Once you lose it, commercial irix software can be hard & expensive to
replace.

If you make an account on SGI's supportfolio site and add your O2, you
should be able to download a 6.5 overlay CD set.  If you make a CD of
the first disk you can boot from it via the prom menu.  The cd will
install a miniboot and from the install menu you can break into a
shell to reset the root password.

until