[rescue] SGI EL-16

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Wed Aug 13 14:53:17 CDT 2008

At 02:46 PM 8/13/2008 , Patrick Finnegan wrote:
>On Wednesday 13 August 2008, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>> How good or bad is a SGI EL-16 terminal server, and how hard are they
>> to get running?  I keep seeing them cheaply on ebay and was wondering
>> if this would be a painless solution.
>
>I think that those are just a rebadged Central Data SCSI-based terminal
>server.   If so, Digiboard distributes drivers that work for those, but

A bit of searching leads me to believe that they are Digi Etherlite 16 or
160 terminal servers.  The only catch I see is that they may only support
Digi Realport connections, as the spec sheet mentions several times that
all serial ports share a common TCP/IP connection.

Interesting...I don't really need a spare right now, but it's something to
keep in mind (since I can live with Realport-only access).

I'd love to run across one of the RS-422 models.

--
newell  N5TNL