[rescue] Apple 2GB Quantum Fireball ST SCSI HD

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 01:36:55 CDT 2008

Curious George <jorge234q at yahoo.com> wrote:
> (...)
>
> (sigh)  I just recycled a pair of 4G half height SE SCSI drives.
> And, a set of four third-height 1.2G (insert frown here) drives
> along with a SS1000.

;) And you're telling us NOW?! (just kidding)
Though the SS1000 is quite bulky when assembled, its modular nature lends itself very well to parting out and sending modules to boardswappers. I'm still looking for the plastic front bezel - I just got left and right "grilles" last week - for my formerly naked SS1000, which also has two empty slots available yet. Another interesting item which might be found in SPARCservers are the fiber optical modules for attaching the SPARCstorage Array, because they wear out.

Probably wouldn't have worked out for me anyway (since I'm located in Germany, Europe), but there may be similar cases.

So long,
Arno
--
Arno Kletzander
Student Assistant // Studentische Hilfskraft