[rescue] Apple 2GB Quantum Fireball ST SCSI HD

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Aug 6 20:43:14 CDT 2008

Jonathan Katz wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2008, at 9:28 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>
>> Couldn't you use a SCSI to IDE adapter, paired with a CompactFlash to
>> IDE adapter, in combination with a 1GB CF card?
>
> This is an interesting idea.
>
> I have a MicroVAX II in my basement with the SCSI adapter that
> emulates whatever the VAX wants ... so I could go from
> MFM to SCSI to IDE to Compact Flash and have some kickin' IO
> performance on hardware that is 20 years old.
Having found and bought the 90% Unobtanium QBUS SCSI card myself that
sounds like a very cool way to make my MV II rack friendly and not so
power hungry.

Though now that I have the space and current available I have to boot it
with the RA82 just once - especially if the neighbors are in the
driveway next door.  "It's a moral imperative."  ;-)

--
Mike Hebel

In the end the journey only matters if you've helped people along the way...