[rescue] "data" rescue (again)

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Thu Apr 24 21:35:27 CDT 2008

On 4/24/08 6:44 PM, "rescue at hawkmountain.net"  wrote:

> I'm working on a virus riddled Windows XP Home (SP2) Dell...
>
> The stupid thing doesn't ship with an OS CD !!!
>
> I can get one sent to me by Dell... but obviously that is a slow
> process and my cousin is w/o a computer...
>
> Anyone here able to provide me with a Dell Windows XP Home SP2 iso
> image ?

If it has a recovery partition, you get to it by hitting CTRL+F11 at the
initial Dell screen before the OS boot starts.

Running this will restore the machine to the "as shipped" state.

The following link has more than  you ever want to know about the Dell
recovery process, and how to fix it if it's broken:

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm

If you really need a Dell XP OS disk, contact me off-list.

Steve