[rescue] E250 temperatures

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Tue Apr 15 21:01:52 CDT 2008

On Apr 15, 2008, at 10:37 AM, Charles Monett wrote:

> Full diag boot? I'm unsure on that one, but my RS/6000's (7012-39H
> and the 7011-220** being the main offenders, followed by the
> 7044-270, and the 7044-170) would come close.

I used to run a Sun E10k system which took well over 45 minutes to
POST, even at its least thorough diagnostics setting.

We had a run of problems with EMC Powerpath and VxVM around that
time... I remember on several occasions being on the phone with
Veritas support, and having them recommend a reboot as part of a
troubleshooting procedure. They were always strangely resistant to
finding an alternative procedure not involving a reboot, so we would
say, "okay, we'll reboot, but you have to wait on the phone with us
until it completes." The best only took two reboots to come around to
our way of thinking. The worst took us through six reboots over about
ten hours.

ok
bear