[rescue] Pasted consoles. Was: E250 temperatures

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Tue Apr 15 16:35:03 CDT 2008

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, Bill Bradford wrote:

> You do know, of course, that it was YOUR web pages that got me
> *started* on the whole "rescue old hardware" thing?  I ran across
> them while being a junior sysadmin at ionet.net in 1995, and have
> been hooked ever since.  ITS ALL YOUR FAULT. 8-)

    Those are words of high praise, sir, and I stand both flattered
and humbled by them.

    One of the great fears I have is that there won't be enough "new
blood" in the venture to keep the elder machines around until they
are actually understood to have valid historical worth.  I find it
wonderful that lists like this exist, and that there are younger
folks getting involved.  I just hope it's enough, because in a very
real sense we are conservators of a slice of rapidly-disappearing
history, and it's a very fragile history right now even though it's
an incredibly rich and compelling history.

> I still go "wow" every now and then when I see you post here.

    Thank you.