[rescue] Repair of mylar ribbon cables

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 14:54:50 CDT 2008

Robert Darlington wrote:
> Can you be more specific?  Molex makes about 20,000 different
> connectors, of which about 500 can attach to ribbon cables!   If you
> take a picture and send it to me, I'll let you know how to fix it (or
> will be happy to fix it for you if it can be done).

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/3/0/0/0/5/webimg/53604174_o.jpg

It's the black connector on the upper left in this photo.

I can give you a macro photo if that's not good enough.

The pins look like those on a small IC, where the leg is an "L" with the
vertical pin going up into the plastic friction-fit connector, and the
short leg flattening out on the end to attach to the copper trace in the
ribbon.  There are 12 pins total.

Thanks--
=Nadine=