[rescue] Fwd: [comp.sys.sgi.hardwar...] Power Challenge XL available

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Fri Apr 11 02:34:46 CDT 2008

Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
> This message has been forwarded from Usenet.  To reply to the
> original author, use the email address from the forwarded message.
>
>    Date:  Wed, 9 Apr 2008 00:39:44 -0700 (PDT)
>  Groups:  comp.sys.sgi.hardware,comp.sys.sgi.admin
>    From:  "fischerc at itam.cas.cz" <fischerc at itam.cas.cz>
>     Org:  http://groups.google.com
> Subject:  Power Challenge XL available
> ========
> Hi everybody
> We have a rather big piece of HW: SGI Power Challenge XL (6 x R8000 at 75
> MHz, 1G ram, a few 2-4Gb SCSI discs) available here in Prague (CZ,
> EU).
> The computer was cleanly shut down on May 5, 2004 and since that time
> was not touched. We intend to scrap it now. If anybody wants to have
> some spare parts or even the complete beast, let me know within 1-2
> months.
> I regret to say, that this was the last SGI machine we have here.
>
> Anyway, I would like to express my thanks to the SGI admin comunity
> for all the help I've received in past years.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Cyril F.

Hey, Prague - we have relatives there! Unfortunately the machine seems to be a bit too big to fit into a Volkswagen Golf Variant, else we could have offered to rescue it on our next visit there.

If somebody feels like it's road trip time for this baby and an appointment can be made, I'm volunteering as a loading and handling assistant! There are stacks of testimonials from satisfied customers ;-)

So long,
Arno

--
Arno Kletzander
Student Assistant // Studentische Hilfskraft

Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free