[rescue] Advice: Netra T1 AC200 CDROM woes

Jerry K sun.mail.list at oryx.cc
Thu Apr 10 12:34:23 CDT 2008

Bill,

FWIW, I picked up a Netra X1 with out a CDROM, or even any place to put
it a couple of years ago.  The X1 does not have a slot for an optical drive.

I just opened the case, hung an old IDE drive off of the controller
chain and went forward from there. Once I had an OS, I pulled the drive
and closed the case back up.  The correct solution would have been to
boot it off of a jumpstart server, but I didn't have that available to
me at the time.

The OBP version on that X1 is 1.0.2 with a date of 23 April 2001.

Hope this helps.

Jerry K