[rescue] Sun V120

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 8 08:38:22 CDT 2008

>From: silvercreekvalley <silvercreekvalley at yahoo.com>
>Date: 2008/04/08 Tue AM 08:18:48 CDT
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Sun V120

<snip>

>I'm basically after something with 1G, one HD a
>CD drive, space for one PCI card (in case I need
>a graphics output), networking and a SCSI port.

The Netra T105 would be ideal, I think they are available for about $100 with a gig of RAM (from memory on eBay) - rails are a bit hard to find for some reason, but far from impossible - figure on another $40-50 maybe (if not included in purchase)... Of course, that limits the CPU speed, but hey it's cheap ;^) I'm not familiar with x86/x64 Sun hardware to comment.

The U5 is just over 2U tall, if you can find a suitable shelf...

Lionel