[rescue] Happiness is:

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Wed Apr 2 03:24:53 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 01:14:51PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Was it a Seagate?  There was a batch of bad Seagate drives that went out in
> the first-revision Macbook and Macbook Pro systems - the drive in my
> MacBook died in about the same time frame, and was replaced under warranty.

Fujitsu, IIRC (it came with a third gen MBP - the Santa Rosa-based model).
So much for the drive apparently having some fancy anti-shock mechanism,
etc.

Still need to get it replaced - will have to see if Apple in the UK will do
it for me (I bought it in South Africa, but now live in the UK).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj at mjturner.net     | http://mjturner.net/