[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:45:48 CDT 2008

>Flying in most small planes, you might feel this less.  The first Cessna
>flight I took when I was in Civil Air Patrol was a bit of a shock due to
>all the windows sitting in the cockpit...not like the tiny porthole you
>have on a commercial flight.

When I was working on my pilot's license in high-school (one of the
perks of being home schooled) I weight all of about 140lbs, and the
first time I soloed without my 240lb instructor I was a bit shocked.
Let's just say those little four seaters don't exactly fly like a 747.
It's more like flying a go kart. So yeah, if you get sick in a normal
plane, don't fly private. It won't help.

I must be the only person here that actually enjoys flying. I even
travel with a MBP, and haven't had issues with it getting mishandled.
Infact on my last few flights from Chicago to Denver, the never even
touched my stuff. They may have messed some stuff up in my check-in
when they searched it, I couldn't tell, I never exactly pack neatly.

But I agree, the security is getting a tad out of hand.

Timothy

--
Two wrights don't make a rong, they make an airplane. Or bicycles.