[rescue] What a load of...

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Thu Sep 27 14:03:08 CDT 2007

Bill Bradford wrote:
> I saw something the other day that showed a bunch of Chevy cars from
> '55, and then a modern Honda Civic (or was it a Toyota Camry?).
>
> The modern car weighs MORE than the cars from '55.

Absolutely, and you can thank the US Government for the safety standards
that require them to be heavier.

Most people don't realize a Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, or any number of
similar vehicles weigh ~4000 lb. That's more than my dad's big block
1968 Dodge Charger (~3700lb), and the Charger is physically larger!

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com