[rescue] Multiple framebuffers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 30 11:43:19 CDT 2007

>From: silvercreekvalley <silvercreekvalley at yahoo.com>
>Date: 2007/10/30 Tue AM 05:24:06 CDT
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [rescue] Multiple framebuffers

>I'd like to run my Blade 1000 with 2 framebuffers. Its
>currently
>fitted with an Elite m6 and an Expert3D Lite. The
>Elite seems
>a bit better on OpenGL stuff, but the Expert3D seems
>to run to
>a higher resolution.
>
>When I boot the sun, it picks up the Elite as the
>primary framebuffer
>and the Expert3D is just blank output, although it is
>present in the
>framebuffer list.
>
>Any idea how to set both cards up, with the Expert as
>the primary
>framebuffer and the Elite as a secondary buffer
>(preferabbly also
>working with X11). I'm running Solaris 10 incidently.
>
>I've googled for info, and read various bits of info,
>but nothing
>seems to do the trick.

I think the issue is which framebuffer the OS finds first when it scans the bus - have you looked at the sun framebuffer FAQ (sorry, no link) - it should help you out...

IIRC, the OpenBoot allows you to change the order of the bus scan to allow you to "force" any card to to be found in any order...

Lionel