[rescue] Sunshack and Sun stuff to giveaway

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 28 09:13:04 CDT 2007

>From: Scott Quinn <compoobah at valleyimplants.com>
>Date: 2007/10/28 Sun AM 12:06:55 CDT
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [rescue] Sunshack and Sun stuff to giveaway

>I'm going to be going out tomorrow to rescue a load of Sun stuff (I
>have been told that there are Ultra-2s, Ultra-1s, SPARCstations and
>parts, but don't know more specifics). Anyone here have something they
>want that I should keep my eye out for? I don't think I can fit it all
>in my car, so just for prioritizing. Seattle area.

Well, first thing 'd say is be careful how much you take home - while all the
machines you listed are fun and interesting, it is hard to get rid of
unwanted systems. I picked up a literal van load of Sun hardware (Sun 10s,
20s, Ultra 1, 2, 5 and 10s), but have been challeneged to shed the last few
bits.

In order of preference, I'd suggest Ultra 5 and 10s (if included in the lot),
then Ultra 2s and skip Ultra 1s unless they have lots of RAM/HDs - actually,
that goes for all of the machines - included RAM/HDs are reusable in other
machines...

Also, make sure you get keyboards/mice - that will help make the machines
more usable for most folks...

Good luck!

Lionel