[rescue] Mac "Pismo" Laptop questions...

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 21:29:38 CDT 2007

I just sold a pismo that ran the broadcom chipset 54g
pcmcia just fine.  OS/x 10.4 saw it as a airport
extreme card.  ALthough the wireless icon in the top
right panel always showed it as 802.11b, the router
always say the 54g connection.  Connected to any
router I ever tested, unlike my new apple one <grin>.

When I sold it - it was running 2x512mb sodimms quite
happily, plus a cpu upgrade that you won't find
anymore but that was really great. OS/x 10.4.

Neat machine - convinced me that I wanted my macbook
pro <grin> so that I could run multiple os's !

regards
steve