[rescue] Mac "Pismo" Laptop questions...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 24 15:36:59 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I've got an Apple "Pismo" laptop (400 MHz, 1 Meg cache, some RAM & HD with a CD-ROM drive) that is missing it's battery - is there anyway to actually test the laptop without buying a battery?

Also, does anyone know of a PCMCIA WiFi/802.11b (or g) card I could use in this laptop (or a "Wallstreet" laptop)?

I plan/hope to put more RAM in the Pismo and try installing a version of OS X 10.2 (or later, I haven't looked at Xposfacto yet) using the "Target Drive" install method...

Out of curiousity, anyone here interested in a Pismo, Wallstreet or a really early PowerPC laptop (the model number eludes me, it is not in front of me as I type this)? I have no use for them, I bought them from a friend to play with and hopefully pass on to someone that can make good use of them...

Lionel