[rescue] Never thought I'd ask this

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Oct 23 13:34:48 CDT 2007

" From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
"
" Andrew Weiss wrote:
" > If that's a Thinkpad iSeries R1300 or something like that, the
" > maximum RAM is actually not the maximum RAM.  I had a 256MB SO-DIMM
" > in mine and it worked fine with it and the built-in RAM even though
" > the maximum RAM was listed as 192MB.
"
" It is an iSeries 1300, yes.  And yes, I've seen other places that a
" 256MB module will work - as long as it's the right architecture.  192MB
" is the maximum *SUPPORTED* RAM; 320MB is possible with the right RAM
" module, but is unsupported.
"
" Perhaps you could tell us the part number and architecture on your 256MB
" module?

as i understand it, all pc66, pc100, and -some- pc133 sticks are 'low
density'; this is probably what you need.  most pc133 sticks are 'high
density' and probably won't work.  i believe it's to do with the size
of the dram refresh counter.

i've seen 256M and iirc even 512M low density sticks.