[rescue] GDM500PS woes

Curious George jorge234q at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 19:57:59 CDT 2007

Hi,

An oddball problem with a Sun GDM-500PS.

The display appears to fail to see VSYNC.
This problem exists on *both* inputs (i.e.,
so it's not just a bad wire in the 13W3 cable).

However, the OSD appears stable.  So, whatever
generates the VSYNC used for that seems to be
working correctly -- as does the "downstream"
handling of the VSYNC.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?
On the *off* chance that there's a simple fix,
what should I try next?

Assuming its *not* a "simple fix", suggestions
as to which parts I might want to salvage from
it before recycling it?  I use several of these
as they give me a cheap way of getting a spare
head without losing the desk space *or* a KVM.

Thanks!