[rescue] Old PSUs & boards: useful to teach self?

John Francini francini at mac.com
Mon Oct 22 14:32:22 CDT 2007

If the power supplies haven't seen A/C in months or years, opening
the PSUs should not be a problem.

It's a question of whether the filter capacitors in the power supply
still have any juice in them; after long enough, it will all leak away.

The donut is likely to be a choke or coil of some sort; often they're
used for things like RF suppression.

Someone more familiar with electronics want to comment?