[rescue] Never thought I'd ask this

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon Oct 22 12:59:41 CDT 2007

The steam powered teletype chattered and a message from Jonathan C.
Patschke rolled out in a wad of paper tape...
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> OK, the download page I originally got to SAID that the live-CD
>> installer requires 320MB RAM to perform an installation.  Subsequently
>> someone pointed me at the "alternate" installer CD, and I can no longer
>> find the page that said it requires 320MB to install.
>
> http://releases.ubuntu.com/7.10/
>
> It lists the 320MB requirement for the "Desktop CD", likely due to the
> truckload of GNOME garbage it includes.

Grrr!....bloat....grrrr!....unalterable screen saver
settings...grrr!...Gnome Knows Best...grrrr!

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, Think with mind uncluttered, Act with heart
unchained!