[rescue] Never thought I'd ask this

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 22 09:33:52 CDT 2007

Mike Hebel wrote:
> The steam powered teletype chattered and a message from Phil Stracchino
> rolled out in a wad of paper tape...
>> ......Bah.  Can't do it.  The Ubuntu installer CD requires 320MB RAM.
>> This POS is maxed out at 192MB.  That looks to be just barely enough for
>> xubuntu though.
>
> WTF Ubuntu installer are you using?  I've installed Ubuntu in 128M of ram
> - I have the server version running on a C333 Compaq desktop under that
> ceiling.

The 7.10 i386 CD ... I can't seem to find it now, but when I was looking
for download images I hit a banner that said the Ubuntu liveCD installer
required [mumble] RAM to boot, and 320MB to install.

Can't find it anywhere now though.  Go figure.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.