[rescue] Never thought I'd ask this

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon Oct 22 09:12:12 CDT 2007

The steam powered teletype chattered and a message from Phil Stracchino
rolled out in a wad of paper tape...
> Chad McAuley wrote:
>> If you don't mind leaving all the stuff that comprises the
>> Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu desktops installed, you could install one of
>> those for the base system and then install whatever GUI environment
>> you want.  Actually, you should also be able to do a Ubuntu server
>> install to get the base system loaded and then install X and
>> everything else you want from there.
>
> That sounds worth a try.  It should at least tell me whether it handles
> the ALi15x3 chipset properly.

I don't see why it shouldn't.

Though if you're eventually looking to get rid of it I'd be interested.

I need a simple laptop with integrated ethernet that can boot from the CD
for things like Cobalt installs, standalone router configuration, and
maybe light Ubuntu duty.

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, Think with mind uncluttered, Act with heart
unchained!