[rescue] SPARCclassic bits

silvercreekvalley silvercreekvalley at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 14:22:12 CDT 2007

Trying to upgrade the RAM on a SPARCclassic - its
currently a rather sad 16M 4 x 4M SIMMs. Anyone any
spare SIMMs.

I've tried a whole bunch of different 72 pin SIMMs
that I had on hand, but none work. They pass the
RAM check, but I get all sorts of weird interrupt
errors, 'watchdog reset'. I'm guessing that there
is something special about Sun SIMMs. Do they
use parity at all?

Anyway - any advice/help appreciated.

I'd also like to upgrade the graphics with a SBUS
framebuffer if anyone has one spare. Its currently
a cgthree, so anything better than that would be
welcome.

Thanks

Ian.