[rescue] Sun-3-era kit [was Re: Reviewing some of my old Unix and CP/M systems, plus some searchings]

Fri Oct 19 14:11:12 CDT 2007

>> [...Sun] type-3 is the second-best keyboard type I've used.
> The best keyboard, of course, being the IBM Model M, right? :)

No; to the best of my knowledge, I have never used a Model M, so I am
not competent to hold an opinion on it.  Based on what I've seen on the
list, though, I doubt I'd like it much; I usually don't care for
keyboards with tactile events occurring partway through key travel, and
the impression I've formed is that the Model M has that.

The best keyboard - in my opinion, of course, which caveat really
applies to most keyboard quality discussions - was one I used on a
Symbolics Lisp Machine back in...the late '80s, I think it was.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca