[rescue] Sun-3-era kit [was Re: Reviewing some of my old Unix and CP/M systems, plus some searchings]

Fri Oct 19 10:43:33 CDT 2007

> On these machines [Sun-3/50 and /60], the ECL monochrome monitors are
> unobtainium.  I have been searching for one for years to no avail.

If an 1152x900 will do, I think I might have one I haven't used in
years.  (I haven't touched it in years, which is why I'm not sure.)
But they're heavy little buggers, so unless you're close to Montreal it
may not be worth the cost to get it to you.

> For the keyboard, the Sun3 keyboard is very rare too.  But you can
> use the more common Sun type 4/5/6 keyboards by making an adapter.
> The signals are the same.

Quite.  I normally use type-3 keyboards even on more recent machines;
the type-3 is the second-best keyboard type I've used.  (A type-3 in
good shape, that is; a type-3 in bad shape can border on unusable.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca