[rescue] Hard disk lifespans in Sun gear

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 18 12:27:33 CDT 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/10/18 Thu AM 11:22:00 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Hard disk lifespans in Sun gear

>On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 10:56:48AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> As the self-proclaimed Ultra 2 "expert" on the list (anyone that
>> disagrees will get one of my 10 or so Ultra 2 "shelf queens" thrown at
>> them ;^)
>
>AHA!  A CHALLENGE!
>
>http://www.mrbill.net/office/after/IMG_0060.jpg
>
>That's the ones I *didnt* throw away or scavenge parts out of.  I think
>when we moved out of that office in Austin I gave away 17 Ultra2 systems to
>rescue folk.
>
>I had six of seven of them piled up here in my Houston office about a
>year ago until I finally made myself strip the good parts out and toss
>those chassis.

Bill,

I went "up stream" and took a look at your "before" and "after" photos of your office, and I must say, your office was certainly attacked viciously by the "cleanies" and "neatnicks" - I hope your photos were enough proof for your insurance company to make full restitution and restore your office to it's former "before" status ASAP.

For anyone wanting to see what the vandals did, here is the link:

http://www.mrbill.net/office/

My heart goes out to you and your co-workers that had to witness such displays of desktop and (dare I say it) unobstructed views of your carpet and chair tops...

Lionel