[rescue] what the heck is it

doug at kittlemusic.com doug at kittlemusic.com
Tue Oct 16 16:53:09 CDT 2007

I think this is a "progammable calculator" like we used to use at HP till
about 1980
for creating drill and route paper tapes. They could be connected
to other terminals
and could be programmed with simple machine language
scripts, post a pic if you have one

=Doug=

> Has a 'built in' (more like
'built on') screen.

> Has switches for 10 pitch/12 pitch
> 1/1.5/2 spacing
and another I forget
> (they are on the monitor piece).
>
> So.... what the
heck is it ?

> Is it a computer ?  Is it some sort of terminal ?

    It
sounds like an early dedicated-purpose word-processor.  Things
like that
existed for a while in the '70s and '80s.

Carl Richard Friend (UNIX Sysadmin)            | West Boylston      |

Minicomputer Collector / Enthusiast            | Massachusetts, USA   |

mailto:crfriend at rcn.com                        +---------------------+

http://users.rcn.com/crfriend/museum          | ICBM: 42:22N 71:47W |