[rescue] pSeries 660 6H1 Questions (7026-6H1)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Oct 12 17:03:00 CDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

> I found one of these machines in a surplus warehouse, and it looks to
> be in good running order, but, from what little I know about these
> machines, it is simply the CEC (processor/memory) cabinet.  It appears
> to have a couple gigs of memory and a 4-way CPU card.
>
> Is it worth me picking this machine up for cheap, and trying to track
> down an I/O cabinet and cables?  I'm looking for a machine that can
> run AIX 5.x, and this seems like it might be a decent choice, for the
> price that is being asked.

If it's cheap-cheap, it's a nice system.  However, it is not runnable
without the I/O drawer.  You might be better off with a 7044 system,
which will be smaller and easier on the power bill.

Also, if you want more than a couple disks in the system (there's room
for either two or four--I forget which) in the I/O drawer, you need
external storage.

--
Jonathan Patschke     )  "So far, 99% of illegal activity has been caused
Elgin, TX            (    by criminals."