[rescue] Sun systems

Brian Deloria bdeloria at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 13:31:39 CDT 2007

I managed to get my hands on an Avocent power strip that would run the
entire height of a full cabinet for about $20 because some of the power on
lights had burnt out in the outlets.  Needless to say it had two nice
features, first was there was a 3-5 second delay in powering on each outlet,
it would cascade from top to bottom. with a time delay in each so you didn't
have to go around and power on machines one by one or worry about a complete
power loss and popping a breaker or a ups with a huge intital surge.  Other
nice part was that it had a digital readout of the amperage in .5
increments.  At bit more trustworthy than a UPS panel but not as cumbersome
as having to pull and outlet / panel cover off and get out the clamp on amp
meter.