[rescue] Testing ext. CD-ROM, how to boot?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 21:13:13 CDT 2007

>From: Scott Quinn <compoobah at valleyimplants.com>
>Date: 2007/10/10 Wed PM 08:38:42 CDT
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Testing ext. CD-ROM, how to boot?

>> (at the OK prompt)
>> boot /pci at 1f,0/pci at 1/scsi at 1,1/sd at 6,0:f
>
>Second SCSI chain, meaning bus 2?
>
>Wouldn't that be scsi at 2/sd@(n),0:f ?  either that or scsi at 1,2/sd at 6,0:f,
>can't recall right now, and my connected Sun is single-bus. I think you
>can drop the original /pci... stuff unless you have multiple similar
>devices.

This is an AXi-like MB, it has three ethernet ports (AXi have one) and the "probe-scsi" shows two lists, one named "Removeable/External Port" and the other is internal - I assume it has two SCSI chains, but it might not...

I'll have to investigate a bit more - your comments/questions make me wonder...

Thanks,

Lionel