[rescue] rescuing an ailing U10...

James Hartley jjhartley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:53:20 CDT 2007

On 10/10/07, Scott Quinn <compoobah at valleyimplants.com> wrote:
> James wrote
>
> > ...how does a 32-bit card function in a 64-bit architecture?
> Alll decent architectures deal gracefully with 32-64 issues (except Alpha which
> doesn't need to worry).

Thank you both Scott & Jochen for your answers.

I am hoping the following is my last question.  The U10 Service Manual:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/805-7764-12

...indicates that output from a headless system can be captured on the
serial port, 9600, 8N1.  Yet when I connect a 25-pin serial cable to
serial port A or a 9-pin serial cable to serial port B, I'm not seeing
output.  I was under the impression if no keyboard or monitor was
plugged in at boot, co nsole output would be sent to the serial port.
Is there something else I'm missing?

Thank you again for any clarification.

Jim