[rescue] Sun 911 case (4x 50 pin SCSI case)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Oct 10 15:19:13 CDT 2007

" From: Mike Hebel <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com>
"
" > I just found three more - anyone else interested in one? If so,
" > contact me off-list...
"
" I've already got one and I'd love to run four 73GB 1" drives or
" better but I'm concerned about the power supply in the 911 case being
" able to spin those up.

i always jumper my drives to spin up on 1st access.  it delays the
cold boot a bit but eases load on the p/s.  you can also jumper most
to N*scsiid delay from poweron.

bottom line: the p/s only has to spin one drive up at a time.