[rescue] value of U10 frame buffer card?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Wed Oct 3 05:54:22 CDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 03:27:08AM -0700, James Hartley wrote:
> Given that the economic value has dropped so much, this may already
> answer my next question, but I'll be explicit anyways:  is there any
> technical/performance advantage to using this card?

Definitely. Whichever card it is, it'll be superior to the onboard ATI VGA,
both in 2D and 3D performance. The ATI also has only 2MiB or 4MiB of VRAM
(depends on which model of U10 you have - Darwin or Darwin II), limiting
the maximum resolution substantially in 24-bit modes.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/