[rescue] value of U10 frame buffer card?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Oct 2 20:53:30 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, James Hartley wrote:

> Part of a recent Ultra 10 haul was the discovery of a full-length
> frame buffer card with what appears to be a 13W3 and S-video connector
> exposed to the outside.  What value does such a card have today (he
> asks naively...)?

Sounds like either a Creator3D or an Elite3D graphics card.  That's not
S-Video; it's a stereo sync control for 3D goggles.

If it's Creator3D, I last bought them at $10/piece.  If it's Elite3D,
figure maybe 50% more than that.

Xsun runs respectably on both.  They have so-so 2D speed and pretty
decent 3D speed for their vintage.

--
Jonathan Patschke     )  "So far, 99% of illegal activity has been caused
Elgin, TX            (    by criminals."