[rescue] Long shot: HP C7846A

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 2 11:46:37 CDT 2007

Aaron Finley wrote:
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> I know this is a long shot:  Does anyone have any surplus HP C7846A
>> memory modules?  This is a 64MB, 66MHz, 100-pin SODIMM memory module
>> that fits a HP Color LaserJet 4500.  I could use up to three of them.
>
> Hmm.. I will check later, but I cleared out several 4500/4550
> motherboards. Chances are I have 64s or 128s.

As far as I know (and according to both 18004memory.com and the HP
manual), 64MB is the largest that will work in the 4500.  Unless you
know otherwise...?  (128MB is the largest memory module DOCUMENTED as
working in my Thinkpad i1300, but I understand a 256MB module, though
unsupported, will work so long as it's the exact right layout.)

BTW, did I thank you for the box of supplies?  I don't remember whether
I did or not.  If not, thanks.  :)

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.