[rescue] rescuing an ailing U10...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Oct 2 10:33:50 CDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 12:29:00PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> I've never seen this firmware problem myself and I've used plenty of
> non-Sun disks. They probably all used the original firmware though ...
> not a custom load by IBM/NetApp/Whoever.

I've only seen this with ex-EMC Clariion (the original ones, not the
current products) disks that used non-512-byte-sectors.

Otherwise, I've taken disks with EMC firmware (bought them surplus, still
in the EMC disk "caddies"), put them in a 711 enclosure, ran "format", and
was good to go.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford