[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 58, Issue 27

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Oct 2 09:16:51 CDT 2007

The steam powered teletype chattered and a message from Sridhar Ayengar
rolled out in a wad of paper tape...
> Mike Hebel wrote:
>>> Of course, trucks and non-personal-car vehicles may have different
>>> rules....
>>
>> Just FYI the last time I checked all the non-turbo-diesel Pinzgaurs were
>> legal for US import.  Unless it's changed they crush the turbo-diesel
>> ones
>> if they arrive on the docks or if you try and title them.
>
> If memory serves, the rule is for 25 years, so the first couple of years
> of the diesel ones should now be allowable.  Finding them is still not
> easy though.

True enough.  There was some speculation though that they were being kept
from the country as they would compete too well with US built SUVs.  I
honestly do not know the truth or origin of that information though.

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, Think with mind uncluttered, Act with heart
unchained!