[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 58, Issue 27

John Francini francini at mac.com
Mon Oct 1 12:03:27 CDT 2007

They most likely do not meet the current Federal emissions regs for
diesels.  That's why a number of European companies known for
exporting diesels to the US -- Volkswagen being primary among them --
had to stop selling them for a time.  VW will be reintroducing
reworked diesels that meet the US regs in the 2008 model year.

John