[rescue] Should I buy a 12" G4 iBook?

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 08:50:34 CST 2007

On 28 Nov 2007, at 11:28, Peter Corlett wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 09:55:35AM +0200, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> [...]
>> Someone locally is selling a 1Ghz G4 iBook with 768MiB RAM and a
>> 60GiB
>> disk for about ZAR 3,000 (about $440).
>
> It does compare quite favourably against the new Asus Eee on both
> spec and
> price. I would be very tempted were I offered one.

I beg to differ, the CPU probably has more guts especially as it's
running OS X (OS X + Altivec = love), and the screen is probably light
years better, being 1024x768 rather than 800x400. The 12" Powerbook is
IMHO one of Apple's few laptop masterpieces.

> PPC Macs work just fine unless you want to run Windows on them.

All the more reason to own a PPC one?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: