[rescue] Looking for a few used cisco 7940 phones

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Nov 21 14:31:25 CST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Ethan O'Toole wrote:

>> Since the 7940 takes relatively "standard" POE, you can get third
>> party power supplies pretty easily.
>> Best place to troll for 7940 and 7960s at a low price seems to be
>> craigslist.
>
> I thought they used really odd POE? Power supply looks to be 48vdc
>
> I almost made an offer on feebay on some, but then noticed no power
> supplies. A while ago I was looking at a old cisco with POE then
> realized
> it wasn't standard (it was before the common standard was adopted).

voipsupply.com seems to have the "power cubes" as they call them,
available for $13.95 each, new.

alternatively, I have seen Cisco 3524 POE switches that will of
course, do the right thing with 7940's for about $300 on eBay.
Depending on the number of phones you are using, you may find that a
cheaper way to go.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net